Restaurant quality seafood dish recipes you can make
Salmon with Leek Cream SauceIngredients
- 6-8 oz salmon filets
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 12 oz. leek and goat cheese cream (recipe follows)
- In a saute pan over medium-high heat, add olive oil.
- Season both sides of salmon with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes per side then plate and top with leek and goat cheese cream.
Leek Cream SauceIngredients
Yields 1 pint
- 4 tbsp. leeks, cleaned and sliced thin
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- To a saucepan add olive oil, leeks and garlic. Cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add white wine, salt and pepper and reduce by half.
- Pour in heavy cream and whisk in goat cheese.
- Allow this to simmer until thick, about 2-3 minutes, then serve.
Filet with Lobster Beurre BlancIngredients
- 4-8 oz. center cut beef tenderloin filets
- 2 cups lobster claw and knuckle meat
- 4 Tbsp. garlic, minced
- 4 shallots, minced
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 cups white wine
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 12 Tbsp. unsalted butter, diced
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp. sea salt, divided
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper, divided
- Rub filets with half of olive oil and season them with half of salt and ground black pepper.
- Cook filet on pre-heated grill until desired doneness. For medium-rare the internal temperature should be 140-145 degrees. Allow steak to rest for 2 minutes before serving.
- While filets are resting, heat a saute pan over medium-high heat and add remaining olive oil.
- Add green onion, garlic and shallot to the pan. Season with remaining sea salt and ground black pepper. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour white wine into the pan and allow to reduce by half.
- Pour heavy cream into pan and allow to reduce by half.
- Reduce heat to low and in small amounts to whisk in cubes of unsalted butter.
- Add lobster claw and knuckle meat to sauce.
- Top each filet and serve.
Jumbo Lump CrabcakesIngredients
Yields 16 crab cakes
- 1 lb. lump crabmeat
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 tsp. prepared horseradish
- 1 tsp. fresh parsley, minced
- 1/8 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. If necessary, add more breadcrumbs until mixture is easy to form into cakes.
- Form 16 cakes by hand and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Add oil to saute pan and brown about 40 seconds per side. Serve.
- 6-8 oz tuna filets
- 3 oz. lemon juice
- 1/2 cup demi-glace
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 stick butter, diced and brought to room temperature
- 3 tbsp. almonds, sliced and toasted
- Place lemon juice and garlic in saute pan on medium-high heat, and reduce by half.
- Add demi-glace, salt, pepper, and almonds to pan and reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and slowly whisk butter into pan.
- Grill tuna on each side for 2 minutes. Ladle 1/4 cup of sauce over each filet of tuna and serve.